Zoom Meetings sync with your calendar system and delivers streamlined enterprise-grade video conferencing from desktop and mobile. Enable quick adoption with meeting capabilities that make it easy to start, join, and collaborate across any device.
Instantly join, host or manage a video, audio or web meeting from a conference room, your desk or a remote location via your Mac, PC or mobile device. Transform your online events into engaging experiences you and your attendees will look forward to.
Best Practices in a Meeting
Prepare for the meeting
1. Set up your equipment
- Download the Zoom or GoToMeeting desktop app and encourage guests to do the same
- Decide whether you will use one monitor or two
- Get a headset and microphone if you have them, to reduce background noise
- Test your audio and video
- Review how to share your screen
- Close unnecessary tabs in your browser
2. Look your best
- Lighting should come from in front of you or from the side, in order to best light your face
- Keep your background clear of distractions
- Look at your webcam, not at the screen
- Use gestures and mannerisms that you would typically use in person
1. Make sure everyone can hear you
- Use a microphone when you speak.
- Make sure the microphone is on and close enough to pick up your voice, no matter what location you are in.
2. Help everyone focus
- Don't have side conversations.
- If you aren't talking, mute or turn off your microphone.
- Avoid noisy activities like typing while your microphone is on.
If you are the host
- Review your host controls and meeting settings ahead of time
- Share housekeeping details with attendees
- Remind them to mute their mics when others are presenting or speaking
- Let them know how they can get your attention during the meeting
- Will you be checking the chat window?
- Should they unmute themselves to speak up?
- Start the recording (or set up automatic recordings)
- Troubleshoot audio problems if they arise